Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyers
Let us fight for you and your family’s financial security.
Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyers
Let Our Experienced Wrongful death Attorneys Take care of the legal aspects, so you can focus on your family
One of the biggest challenges for someone who has lost a loved one is navigating the complex legal process. A wrongful death lawyer in Atlanta can guide you through each step of the process, ensuring that you understand your rights and options. They will handle all the legal paperwork, negotiations, and court proceedings on your behalf, allowing you to focus on grieving and healing.
Yet, we also know that losing a loved one is financially challenging. Our Atlanta wrongful death lawyers understand the difficulties you are facing and will provide support and guidance throughout the legal process. They will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and provide regular updates on the progress of your case. With our compassionate services, we will be a source of reassurance during these difficult time.
What is a wrongful death lawyer?
An Atlanta wrongful death lawyer specializes in handling legal cases where a person’s death is caused by the negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct of another person or entity. They are experienced in navigating the complex legal system and advocating for the rights of the surviving family members.
Losing a loved one is a devastating experience, but when the death is caused by someone else’s negligence or intentional actions, the pain and grief can be even more overwhelming. In such cases, it is important to seek justice and compensation for the wrongful death. This is where an Atlanta wrongful death lawyer comes in.
Navigating the Legal process with our experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyers
In order to receive compensation for a wrongful death, it is crucial to establish liability. Our Atlanta wrongful death lawyers will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death to determine who is at fault. We will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and consult with experts if necessary to build a strong case. With our wrongful death lawyers’ expertise and resources, we will work to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
Calculating the damages in a wrongful death case can be complex. Our experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyers will assess both the economic and non-economic damages you and your family have suffered. Economic damages may include medical expenses, funeral costs, lost wages, and loss of future earnings. Non-economic damages may include pain and suffering, loss of companionship, and emotional distress. Our wrongful death attorneys in Atlanta will fight to secure the maximum compensation possible on your behalf.
Gather the names and contact information for any witnesses to your accident. The court case may take quite a long time, and the lawyer needs accurate statements as quickly as possible to prepare. People may forget details, or you may not be able to contact them, so you have to get the evidence as soon as possible.
Jonathan W. Johnson, LLC
Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyers
Ask any prospective Wrongful Death Lawyer if they have dealt with cases like yours. This will give you a good way to assess how appropriate they suit your case or not. If the lawyer works on cases like yours regularly, then this person will likely be an excellent pick for you.
If you’re worried about the costs that come with hiring a wrongful death lawyer in Atlanta, ask if he will work on a contingency. This means that your lawyer doesn’t get paid unless you win. This can help balance the amount that you end having to pay during your case. Jonathan W. Johnson, LLC., can give you a free consultation and works on contingency.
Keep in mind that hiring a wrongful death lawyer usually does not mean you will receive your money quickly. Resolving cases often take time, so we recommend that you speak with our Atlanta attorneys about your specific case as soon as possible.
Choose the right Atlanta wrongful death lawyers
Different lawyers and firms have different strengths, but our Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers have a proven track record in dealing with wrongful death cases. What kind of experience do we have? Let’s take a closer look.
- Experience in Wrongful Death Law: Laws surrounding wrongful death can be complex and vary from state to state, so it’s essential to choose a lawyer who is well-versed in this area of law. Our Atlanta lawyers at Jonathan W. Johnson, LLC have successfully handled numerous wrongful death cases.
- Trial Experience: While most wrongful death cases are settled out of court, there is always the possibility that your case may go to trial. We have the skills and knowledge necessary to present your case effectively in front of a judge and jury. Additionally, our experienced Atlanta lawyers are better equipped to negotiate a favorable settlement on your behalf.
- Understanding of Insurance and Financial Matters: Wrongful death cases often involve complex insurance and financial matters. Our experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyers will be able to analyze insurance policies, assess the financial impact of the loss, and negotiate fair compensation on your behalf.
- Empathy and Compassion: Losing a loved one is an incredibly emotional experience, and it’s vital to choose an Atlanta wrongful death lawyer who understands and empathizes with your situation. We provide emotional support while also fighting tirelessly for your rights and seeking justice for your loved one.
Frequently Asked Questions
A wrongful death is a person’s death is caused by the negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct of another person or entity.
According to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 a person has TWO (2) YEARS to file a wrongful death claim from the date of the deceased’s death. This is often referred to as the statute of limitations. However, depending on the circumstances, the time frame may be shorter or longer. Please contact an Atlanta wrongful death lawyer about the specifics of your case.
The rightful person to file an Atlanta wrongful death claim typically depends on the surviving relations of the deceased:
- If the person who died is survived by a husband or wife, the spouse usually has the right to file the claim.
- If there is no surviving spouse, then any surviving children can file the claim.
- If the deceased had no spouse or children (for instance, if the decedent was a child), then the parents or guardians can file the wrongful death claim.
However, specifics vary from state-to-state, so it is best to consult an experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyer if you have questions.
When healthcare professionals fail to provide the necessary standard of care, the consequences can be dire. Examples of medical malpractice that can lead to wrongful death include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication errors, and birth injuries.
Car accidents are another common cause of wrongful death. Negligent driving behaviors such as speeding, distracted driving, and drunk driving can result in fatal crashes. In these cases, the at-fault driver can be held liable for the wrongful death of the victim.
Defective products can cause serious injuries and, in some cases, lead to wrongful death. Whether it’s a faulty vehicle part, a dangerous pharmaceutical drug, or a defective household appliance, manufacturers and distributors have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of their products.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation 404-298-0795
Work with the best team of Lawyers in Atlanta. No Win – No Fee