Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers
Let us take care of the legal details, so you can focus on your recovery
Injured by a Defective Lawn Mower? We Can help.
Lawn mowers are an essential tool for maintaining your lawn and keeping it neat and tidy. However, they can also be very dangerous if not used properly. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, an average of 35,000 injuries in the emergency room were caused by walk-behind lawn mowers.
Lawn mower accidents can cause serious injuries, including amputations and lacerations. We have had cases where unfortunately our clients have had serious accidents due to negligence of the lawn mower manufacturer or retail store selling the mower.
If you or a loved one has been injured with a walk-behind or riding mower, our experienced Atlanta Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers will be more than happy to review your case.
Atlanta Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers
What causes a lawn mower accident?
Lawn mower accidents can cause several reasons, including:
- Operator error: Lawn mowers can be dangerous if not used correctly, and operator error is a common cause of accidents. This can include not following safety guidelines, not wearing proper protective gear, or not paying attention while mowing.
- Mechanical failure: Lawn mowers are complex machines with many moving parts, and if any of these parts fail, it can cause an accident. This can include things like blade malfunctions, engine failure, or faulty brakes.
- Product liability: In some cases, lawn mower accidents are caused by defects in the product itself. This could include things like design flaws or manufacturing defects.
These machines can be dangerous, even if they are operated correctly. For example, they can throw rocks or debris at people, cars, or windows.
This can cause bodily injuries, property damage, and driving hazards for drivers.
Finding experienced Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers can help you gather evidence, interview witnesses, and build a strong case to help you understand what kind of compensation you may be entitled to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common lawn mower injuries include, but are not limited to: cuts, burns, missile injuries, broken bones, and amputations. These injuries could be found on wrists, feet, hands, or toes. Lawn mowers may also cause property damage through propelling flying objects through the air, which could then lead to bodily injury.
A lawn mower accident costs the patient on average $37,000 in medical bills. Unfortunately, accidents don’t happen to lawn mower operators alone. Children, passerby, and bystanders often find themselves in accidents too.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a lawn mower accident, do not hesitate to consult experienced Atlanta Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers like Jonathan W. Johnson, LLC.
According to American Society for the Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), here are a few tips to reduce risk of injury when operating a lawn mower.
- Read your lawn mower’s user manual thoroughly.
- Maintain your mower in good conditions with sharp blades and protective parts over blades. If your product is originally defective and it caused an injury, Atlanta Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers can help you fight for your compensation.
- Pick up projectile objects on the ground, such as stones, toys and debris, before mowing.
- Avoid inserting your limbs into the machine to remove clogged grass or debris. Even when the mower is powered off, the blade may still be turning. Do not assume that you are safe because the power is turned off.
- Avoid cutting wet or damp grass.
- See a doctor as soon as possible, even if your injury appears small. This will help you identify the injuries that the lawn mower caused, and may be useful when you are asking for compensation later.
- If you suffered a cuts or wounds, ASSH recommends that you clean the area with soap and water. Then, cover it with a bandage. You may need antibiotics to prevent an infection.
- If you suffered from an amputation, ASSH advises you to “save any amputated body part in a sealed plastic bag wrapped in moist gauze or cloth and place that bag in another bag of ice” and “go immediately to the closest emergency room.”
- Consult experienced Atlanta Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers about your case. We can help you investigate who was at fault and help fight for your compensation.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation 404-298-0795
Work with the best team of Atlanta Lawn Mower Accident Lawyers. No Win – No Fee