Daycare Injury Lawyer
We are committed to providing compassionate, personalized, and professional legal services
Has your child been injured at a Daycare? We can help.
Parents must be very careful when choosing a daycare in Atlanta for their children, however even unintentional injuries to children in these facilities can be serous or even fatal.
Annually more than 30,000 children between the ages of 1 and 3 are treated in emergency rooms in throughout the U.S. for injuries occurring in daycare centers.
While daycares are supposedly highly regulated by Georgia’s Bright From the Start Child Care Learning Centers (CCLC), parents often find instances of improper care.
Injury Hazards to Children in Daycare Centers
Children in daycare centers can be injured by many visible hazards, such as:
- Unsafe playgrounds and objects in classrooms
- Reachable window blind cords, which could endanger unsupervised children
Other threats to your child may be less visible. Daycares may be responsible for bodily or emotional injuries caused by any of the following:
- Leaving a child unsupervised inside or outside
- Depriving a child of food or drink
- Failing to change an infant’s soiled diaper or a toddler’s training pants
- Yelling at a child
- Calling a child cruel names
- Failing to keep the facility/ playground safe
- Physically abusing a child with hands or objects
- Allowing children to harm each other
- Showing pornographic and other inappropriate material to children
- Sexually abusing a child
If your child has suffered from an injury at a daycare, you may be entitled to compensation. Our experienced Atlanta Daycare Injury Lawyers can help you navigate such a confusing situation and fight for your rights.
Parents must try to inspect their child’s daycare center regularly to ensure the following safety measures are being met and maintained:
- Check Playground equipment is functioning properly and surfaces don’t have any defects
- Storage containers with cleaning supplies, medicines and other toxic substances should be away from the reach of children
- Stairwells and other dangerous parts of the facility should be closed to children
- Any knives, razors, matches and other dangerous objects are out of the reach of the children
- Recalled children’s products such as toys, cribs and any other products should be removed and keep recall notices updated on a regular basis
- Cribs, high chairs, and playpens should meet current safety standards.
Atlanta Childcare and Daycare Injury Lawyer
If your child has been seriously or fatally injured in an accident at an Atlanta daycare center, the daycare may be liable for damages for failure to properly maintain the facility or for failure to comply with local licensing regulations. Contact the experience Atlanta Daycare Injury Lawyers at Jonathan W. Johnson to seek counsel and for the compensation to which you and your family are entitled for your child’s injury and tragic loss.
Call us (404) 689-9285 for a Free Consultation
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation (404) 689-9285
Work with the best team of Lawyers in Atlanta. No Win – No Fee