A teenager sought in connection with the fatal shooting of a Clayton County sheriff’s deputy has been arrested, Channel 2 Action News confirmed.

Channel 2 Action News was the only TV station to get exclusive video of Jonathan Bun, 17, of Riverdale, being taken into custody Wednesday night. Bun was arrested shortly after 8:30 p.m. and then taken to Southern Regional Medical Center under armed escort, Channel 2’s Ryan Young confirmed. Young was there as Bun arrived at the hospital. It was not immediately known why Bun was being transported.

Sources told Channel 2’s Amy Napier Viteri that Bun’s mother had also been taken into custody on Wednesday evening, presumably for questioning.

The shooting happened on Wednesday afternoon in the area of Walker Road in Riverdale.

Exclusive Video:

Suspected Shooter Arrested


Slain Deputy’s Mother: He Loved His Job

Police Arrest Suspect In Deputy Killing

Channel 2’s Mark Winne confirmed through Clayton County Sheriff Kem Kimbrough that the deputy died shortly after being taken to Southern Regional Medical Center.

Channel 2’s Manuel Bojorquez spoke to the officer’s mother outside of the hospital.

“Oh gosh, he loved his job. He loved what he was doing. He was a Christian. That’s what’s helping me get through this and all of us. He just wanted to help people,” said Joyce Daly. Authorities have not released deputy’s name, but she identified her son as 55-year-old Ricky Daly.

“I still don’t believe what’s going on, but he was the oldest of six kids. He took care of them, took care of us. Just did everything for us and for me,” she said.

Winne learned that the officer was assisting the fugitive squad in pulling over a dangerous suspect. The officer was in uniform and in a marked car, Winne confirmed.

Winne was the first to obtain a picture of the shooting suspect from sources within the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office.

A witness told Channel 2’s Richard Elliot that he heard a gunshot but didn’t think much of it because gunshots are common in the area.

The slain deputy had served more than 20 years in law enforcement.

“This guy was a great guy, real nice guy,” said a colleague of the officer who was killed.

Young learned that the fallen deputy’s son works as a deputy for another law enforcement agency.